(krŏn'ĭ-kəl) n. An extended account in prose or verse of historical events, sometimes including legendary material, presented in chronological order and without authorial interpretation or comment. A detailed narrative record or report.

Wednesday 25 January 2012

WAITING


Psalm 40:1
New International Version (NIV)
 1 I waited patiently for the LORD;     he turned to me and heard my cry.

The test of our willingness to wait patiently for the Lord come almost daily for most of us, I suppose. Probably I am among the Lord’s most impatient servants, so the lesson has to be reviewed again and again…

Psalm 27:14

New International Version (NIV)
14 Wait for the LORD; 
   be strong and take heart 
   and wait for the LORD.

Waiting requires patience- a willingness calmly to accept what we have or have not, where we are or where we wish we were, whomever we live or work with.

To what we don’t have is impatience, for one thing, and it is to mistrust God. Is He not complete control of all circumstances, events and conditions? If some are beyond His control, He is not God.

A spirit of resistance cannot wait on God. I believe it is this spirit which is the reason for some of our greatest sufferings. Opposing the workings of the Lord and in though our “problems” only exacerbates them. It is here and now that we must win our victories of suffers defeats.  Spiritual victories are won in the quiet acceptance of ordinary events which are God’s “bright servants”, standing all around us.

Restlessness and impatience change nothing except our peace and joy. Peace does not dwell
outward things, but in the heart prepared to wait trustfully and quietly on Him who has ALL
THINGS SAFELY IN HIS HANDS.

John 14:27
English Standard Version (ESV)
27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you.
 
What sort of peace has He to give us? A peace which was constant in the midst of ceaseless work (with few visible results), frequent interruptions, impatient demands, few physical comforts, a peace which was not destroyed by the arguments, the faithlessness, and hatred of the people. Jesus had perfect confidence in His Father, whose will He had come to accomplish. Nothing touched Him without His Father’s permission. Can I not then wait patiently? He will show the way.

If I am willing to be still in my Master’s hand, can I not then be still in everything? HE’S GOT THE WHOLE WORLD IN HIS HANDS! Never mind whether things come from God Himself or from people- everything comes by His ordination and permission. If I mean to be obedient and submissive to the Lord because He is my Lord, I must not forget whatever He allows to happen becomes, for me, His will at the moment. Perhaps it is someone else’s sinful action, but if God allows it to affect me, He wills it for my learning. The need to wait is, for me, a form of chastening. God has to calm me down, make me shut up and look to Him, for the outcome.

His message to me everyday is
Wait, be still, trust and obey.

WAIT PATIENTLY BEFORE THE LORD. He will turn to you and hear your cry. It is amazing 
how clear things become when we are still before Him, not complaining, not insisting on quick 
answers, only seeking to hear His word in the stillness, and to see things in His light. Few are 
willing to receive that sort of reply. “Too simplistic” is the objection.

-ELISABETH ELLIOT
(Keep a Quiet Heart)






WHILE I'M WAITING
(John Waller)

I'm waiting 
I'm waiting on You, Lord 
And I am hopeful 
I'm waiting on You, Lord 
Though it is painful 
But patiently, I will wait 

I will move ahead, bold and confident 
Taking every step in obedience 

While I'm waiting 
I will serve You 
While I'm waiting 
I will worship 
While I'm waiting 
I will not faint 
I'll be running the race 
Even while I wait 

I'm waiting 
I'm waiting on You, Lord 
And I am peaceful 
I'm waiting on You, Lord 
Though it's not easy 
But faithfully, I will wait 
Yes, I will wait 

I will serve You while I'm waiting 
I will worship while I'm waiting 
I will serve You while I'm waiting 
I will worship while I'm waiting 
I will serve you while I'm waiting 
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord

0 comments:

Post a Comment