(krŏn'ĭ-kəl) n. An extended account in prose or verse of historical events, sometimes including legendary material, presented in chronological order and without authorial interpretation or comment. A detailed narrative record or report.

Tuesday 10 January 2012

SOMEDAY… SOON

AUGUST 12, 2007
9:15PM



            Today is my grandma’s 40 days. We had a service here at home around 2 o’ clock in the afternoon.

          When the service started, while listening to pastor Casipit’s sermon, I wondered why I still have this feeling of pain when I remember mamang. Maybe because I miss her presence, though we don’t talk that much when she was still here with us. But, I do miss her life here on earth. She took care of us when we were little until we’ve grown. She was a hard worker, simple, strong, and a loving grandma.I can still feel the pain of agony of losing her. It is my first time to lose someone I loved, maybe that’s why it still hurts… and yet… somehow, I was comforted when I listened to the verse that pastor was reading in

 

Revelation 20:6

6 Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years.


            Yes, we still grieve in the lose of mamang, but knowing that mang lived for the glory of God, lived to serve Him, thus lived in perfect bliss with her Saviour now, we have peace in our hearts and also gladness. She is with Jesus now. Happily praising and extolling His wonderful Name, “Face to face” with Jesus Christ. Well, that’s a thought! And enough reason not to wallow in our grieves and sorrows.

            The thought that one day, we are also going to see Him soon, when our walk on earth is over would be a celebration! And soon we’ll see mamang too in heaven! Wow!

            All we can do now is to thank our Heavenly Father for giving and taking Mamang. He has blessed mamang indeed.

Job 1:21
The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.”


          True, we do miss her and the fact that we cannot hug nor kiss nor talk to her, left a pang in our hearts, but we are now looking at God not on our feelings. As Paul said,

 

2 Corinthians 5:7

7 for we walk by faith, not by sight.

            To remember mang’s life is the one thing that is left in us, a life that served and loved God.. a life to follow..           

Our walk here on earth will soon come to pass
But the life we lived, the faith we lived
Will stay and will remain to be as living memories…

Romans 8:37-39
 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

            Someday, when I will die, I would love to be remembered as someone who faithfully walked with Christ, as someone who desired to see His praises glorious here on earth. Someday I will leave this earth and that would be a great celebration for I will finally see Him “face to face”
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I get to heaven gonna walk with Jesus
When I get to heaven gonna see His face
When I get to heaven gonna talk with Jesus
Saved by His wonderful grace
Because I’m saved! Saved! Wonderfully saved!
Washed by the blood of the lamb..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 comments:

Post a Comment