(krŏn'ĭ-kəl) n. An extended account in prose or verse of historical events, sometimes including legendary material, presented in chronological order and without authorial interpretation or comment. A detailed narrative record or report.

Monday 30 January 2012

THE SHEPHERD'S STAFF

SEPTEMBER 10, 2007
5:15PM

            Just this morning, I ended up reading the “Shepherd’s Staff” (it was a gift to my papang by the World MAP dated November 12, 2003); I just borrowed this from him (I don’t know at first why I have that desire to read this book-never thought that this would helped me a lot in my faith) and tried to read it. It has a wonderful verse on the front page:

THE GRASS WITHERS, THE FLOWER FADES, BUT THE WORD OF OUR GOD STANDS FOREVER” ISAIAH 40:8

            As I flipped its pages, I was brought to the “HOW TO TRAIN CHURCH LEADERS” page. Didn’t intend it to be there, I didn’t even know that such article is included in the book. So, with the promptings of the Holy Spirit (I believed), I read it, and as I was reading it, young leaders at our church came on my mind.

            I thought about them, their/our struggles, our problems, our burdens, the past that can’t seem to end.

            We have these feelings of unworthiness because of our weaknesses, and one of the reasons of quitting the call of leadership in our church.

            The Word says
Isaiah 40:29
English Standard Version (ESV)

29 He gives power to the faint, 
   and to him who has no might he increases strength.

1 Corinthians 1:27-28
English Standard Version (ESV)
27 But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; 28 God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are,

            I remember our weaknesses... but GOD USES THE WEAK TO SHAME THE STRONG.

GOD’S WEAKNESS IS STRONGER THAN MEN
GOD’S FOOLISHNESS IS WISER THAN MEN

            In God’s amazing grace- HE HAS CHOSEN THE WEAK TO DESPISE THE IGNORANT, THE UNWORTHY FOR HIS KINGDOM.

            God, put this desire to share this beautiful message of God to His children, the young leaders in our church... I hope and pray that God will use me to strengthen my brothers and sisters’ faith. I hope and pray to watch their faith grow in times of trials and sufferings.


“Thank you Lord Jesus,
 I’m more than amazed on what You have done in my life.
Day by day, You shower Your grace, mercy and love to someone like me
Continue to use me Oh Lord
It is my desire to honor You
My Lord and my God”

0 comments:

Post a Comment