(krŏn'ĭ-kəl) n. An extended account in prose or verse of historical events, sometimes including legendary material, presented in chronological order and without authorial interpretation or comment. A detailed narrative record or report.

Wednesday 4 January 2012

RESTARTING

JULY 01, 2007
10:17 pm


            I’m still thinking on how did I lost my habit of writing down my thoughts or even what happened in my life- yesterday, today or the other day.

            As I look back on my life I only remember a bit, it’s as if I had amnesia. But one day, I found my notebook, way back college years and as I read those written words, memories flood in and I was like “did I write these things??” (hehe). It’s good to remember the memories through journal keeping and it’s also an update on your spiritual growth – if it’s growing, maturing or not.

            And as I read a book from DONALD S. WHITNEY’s SIMPLIFY YOUR SPIRITUAL LIFE” (pages 94-109- Simplifying and Journal), I’ve learned that it is good to have a journal of your spiritual journey. To look upon the pages of your journal and ponder those words that you have written.. then learning and learning.

            So, I guess, I’m starting now. This night. But, I should have another notebook for my journal. (thinking of the title…hmmm..) Maybe, “ME AND MY GOD”. Yeah, that ought to do it! By God’s amazing grace and patience.

            What more can I say? Day by day, His love overflows and His mercy’s unending. Wow!

            I pray that as I start this journal, I would discover more about Him, and less about me. To know Him deeper and to seek a deeper relationship with Him.. is my desire.

            As the song goes

I Want To Know You
Sonicflood

In the secret, in the quiet place
In the stillness You are there
In the secret, in the quiet hour
I wait only for You
Cause, I want to know You more

[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/s/sonicflood/i_want_to_know_you.html ]
I want to know You
I want to hear Your voice
I want to know You more
I want to touch You
I want to see Your face
I want to know You more

I am reaching for the highest goal
That I might receive the prize
Pressing onward, pushing every hindrance aside
Out of my way
Cause, I want to know You more






            I want to know You more and more…


“ to leave a trace of your life- that’s only one of many reasons to keep a journal.”
“ keeping a journal can be one of the most profitable and fruitful spiritual disciplines we ever practice.”
“it helps in understanding and evaluation, in meditating on the Lord and His Word, in expressing our deepest feelings to the Lord and in remembering His works in our lives…”
--Donald S. Whitney-

“THIS WILL BE WRITTEN FOR THE GENERATION TO COME, THAT A PEOPLE YET TO BE CREATED MAY PRAISE THE LORD.”
PSALM 102:18

As I look  upon Your Word
How it touched my soul
For every breath I take
I am breathing with You

As I look upon that cross
I think about Your love
How You set me free
From the bondage of sin

So awed…
I marvel at Your beauty
So honored…
I am humbled by You

0 comments:

Post a Comment