(krŏn'ĭ-kəl) n. An extended account in prose or verse of historical events, sometimes including legendary material, presented in chronological order and without authorial interpretation or comment. A detailed narrative record or report.

Thursday 5 January 2012

MY NEW BIBLE AND BOOK

August 02, 2007


            I bought my new bible today because I lost it. Didn’t know who “accidentally got it”. My bible is in English Standard Version. I missed my old Bible, I just flipped over the pages of that old bible not so long ago, was given to me on July 07, 1999 by Uncle Tenerife of San Nicolas UMC, He was our Sunday School Teacher, when I was in 4th year high school, back when I can say that I am already a Christian but didn’t have that deep devotion and deep commitment to Him. I only opened my bible, as I recall, during Sunday school, and sometimes, I did not even try to go. I remember trying to hide or look at our window (the parsonage- where we lived [My grandfather was a pastor back then, and they were our guardians, so we lived with them]) just to see if Uncle Tenerife is not being “loyal” to God. And alas, Uncle was always present for our Sunday School and so I would try my best in keeping myself from doing things at the parsonage, just to BE LATE at our Sunday School. (at least I would have my alibi for “being late”). For me, back then, reading and studying the word of God, was boring. It’s not my thing. I know that I love God, but I was not serious. Sometimes, a lot of times, my grandfather would scold me just for me to attend the Sunday School. And so with a scolded heart, I sat and “tried” to listen and understand what uncle was blubbing about, but most of the times, my mind was just busy thinking some other stuff.

            So, when I said, I just flipped over the pages of that old bible, what I mean is, I was just starting to love the Word of God, when suddenly…I lost it!  Kaya nga, nakakalungkot na nawala ko. I have to start all over again, feeling ko kasi ibang mga salita na naman, though it’s the same Word of God, the version is only the difference.

            I pray that God would lead me over and over again, as I read, devote and meditate on His Word.

            I also bought a book from JOSHUA HARRIS’ I KISSED DATING GOODBYE

(I remembered this book, when I asked an opinion from guru what to buy book for Miss Neri (our deaconess) he immediately recommended this one (with a laugh!). So thinking, he was just joking, I ignored it (the title alone of the book was for me- WEIRD. Asking myself: Would someone rally write a book like that??). What I rather gave to our deaconess was a  devotional book from OSWALD CHAMBERS’ MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST.) As I searched for other books at the shelves, I caught sight of this book (IKDG) and after looking at the price ( hehe, price na ang unang tinitignan..) I immediately took it, left the other book by John MacArthur (kasi kulang na ang pera ko, but I promised to myself na babalikan ko un pag may pera na uli ako) then paid it at the counter with my New ESV Bible!

            I am mesmerized by his simple yet striking word. And mas lumalim pa ang commitment ko to “WAIT”, to enjoy my life being single- happily serving God na walang ibang iniisip kundi Siya.

            It also says here that TRUE JOY IS FOUND IN GOD’S BRAND OF LOVE- LOVE FOUNDED ON FAITHFULNESS, LOVE ROOTED IN COMMITMENT.

            As I flip these pages, may God guide me and give me wisdom, AS I KISSED DATING GOODBYE!

“the joy of intimacy is the reward of commitment.”
“I need to wait on romance until I can match my pursuit of intimacy with a pursuit of commitment.”
“romantic passion is sweetest when it’s growing out of a relationship that’s deepening in devotion.”

“it’s this grace, this mercy that should motivate us to live differently for the rest of our lives. I’m an unworthy sinner that God chose to rescue and forgive.This is love…And because I’ve experienced it, because Jesus died for me- I’m COMMITTED TO A LOVE LIFE CONTROLLED BY HIM.”
--joshua harris I KISSED DATING GOODBYE—

To make PURITY and BLAMELESSNESS our PRIORITY.

“AND THIS IS MY PRAYER, THAT YOUR LOVE MAY ABOUND MORE AND MORE, WITH KNOWLEDGE AND ALL DISCERNMENT, SO THAT YOU MAY APPROVE WHAT IS EXCELLENT, AND SO BE PURE AND BLAMELESS FOR THE DAY OF CHRIST.”
PHILIPPIANS 1:9-10

0 comments:

Post a Comment