(krŏn'ĭ-kəl) n. An extended account in prose or verse of historical events, sometimes including legendary material, presented in chronological order and without authorial interpretation or comment. A detailed narrative record or report.

Wednesday 28 March 2012

BE STILL

MAY 19, 2008

Saturday evening was a horrifying, yet tremendous mark and display of God’s awesome and mighty power. It humbles me to know that God is the God of raging winds and thunder storms. God is the creator of these Disturbing and alarming fiery works of God’s creation- the nature.
As we look at our environment that morning, which is Sunday, it saddened my heart to see the wrecked roofing of every households, turned town trees and electric posts… our Capitol which was improved for how many months was like a “forest or a jungle”…catastrophes can only be seen. People everywhere tried to cut trees that were hanging, tried to clear the roads.
Hay, it was only in our town, how much more in the neighboring towns? It was so saddening…
But the good thing is, we are still ALIVE! During those times of rushing and fiery winds, God assured us of His promises- sheltered and protected us.
Truth is, I don’t feel like going to church that morning, pero my Grandfather was the preacher and so I have to go, para may kasama sila. It was already 10 am and yet Uncle Avellino just opened the church’s door and cleaned up the church. And dami ding naputol at nasira in the church and around it. There were only 2 old people waiting... and it was the Lord’s Day!
I remembered one text that I received that day, it says: Maulan man o maaraw, araw pa rin ito ng Diyos!
Oo nga naman! Kahit na ba bumabagyo pa o lumilindol ginawa pa rin Niya ang araw na to para sa atin. And I was ashamed, because mas inuna ko pa ang maawa sa nakikita ko sa kapaligiran kaysa pasalamatan Siya sa paggagabay at patuloy NIyang pagmamahal sa akin. Pasasalamat dahil sa isang buhay pa uli ang ibinigay at ipinagkaloob Niya ng buong-buo.
We were about 10 attendees that Sunday Service. It is quite saddening, yes, because only few remembered to give thanks to You, and they were maybe just like me, na inuna ang pag-aayos at paglilinis sa nasirang kabahayan at kapaligiran, Instead of giving first their praise and thanksgiving to our God who is always faithful, who would never leave us even the world may seem to pass.
Father, forgive me if sometimes, fear grips my heart, and forget WHO YOU ARE.
You who can calm the raging sea and the stormy night
You who created the heaven and the earth
I magnify thee Lord
And I am grateful for hiding us in the shadow of Your wings
Thank You Oh Lord, for this new life, new hope...
May we never forget You and give You thanks in all circumstances…amen

Still
Hillsong United

Hide me now
Under Your wings
Cover me
Within Your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father you are King over the flood
I will be still and know You are God
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/h/hillsong_united/still.html ]
Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father You are king over the flood
I will be still and know You are God

“ be still and know that I am God”PSALM 46:10
“Take heart, it is i. do not be afraid.” MATTHEW 14:27
“Why are you afraid O you of little faith?” MATTHEW 8:26
“Peace! Be still!” MARK 4:39
“Where is your faith?” LUKE 8:25

Psalm 46
English Standard Version (ESV)
God Is Our Fortress
 1 God is our refuge and strength,
   a very present[
b] help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
   though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
3 though its waters roar and foam,
   though the mountains tremble at its swelling.
                         Selah
 4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
   the holy habitation of the Most High.
5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved;
   God will help her when morning dawns.
6 The nations rage, the kingdoms totter;
   he utters his voice, the earth melts.
7 The LORD of hosts is with us;
   the God of Jacob is our fortress.
                         Selah
 8 Come, behold the works of the LORD,
   how he has brought desolations on the earth.
9 He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
   he breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
   he burns the chariots with fire.
10 “Be still, and know that I am God.
   I will be exalted among the nations,
   I will be exalted in the earth!”
11 The LORD of hosts is with us;
   the God of Jacob is our fortress.
                         Selah


0 comments:

Post a Comment