(krŏn'ĭ-kəl) n. An extended account in prose or verse of historical events, sometimes including legendary material, presented in chronological order and without authorial interpretation or comment. A detailed narrative record or report.

Thursday 20 December 2012

Prayer of the Heart

January 28, 2010
 
What shall I say Lord?
You know me inside and out
You know my thoughts, my feelings
My secrets, my fears, my hope
My joy, my sadness, my doubts
My everything…
 
Where can I go apart from You?
To where shall I flee?
But You are my shield, my comfort
And my strength
 
My heart is steadfast Lord
My heart, You know my heart
It has the tendency to go astray
Lead me in the paths of righteousness
Remind me what is honorable
In Your sight and what will bring honor
And honor to Your Most Holy Name
 
Take my heart
Teach my heart..
 
The wisdom to choose from what is right
And from what is wrong
The wisdom to choose You
And not some selfish desire
The courage to say “NO”
When every in me says “YES”
 
The faith that would keep me on
From believing and trusting You
You know what’s best for me
 
The patience to wait genuinely
In Your perfect time
The mind that will lead my heart
In the right way
 
So Father, lead me
Teach me
Show me how…

0 comments:

Post a Comment