(krŏn'ĭ-kəl) n. An extended account in prose or verse of historical events, sometimes including legendary material, presented in chronological order and without authorial interpretation or comment. A detailed narrative record or report.

Tuesday 17 April 2012

A Learning Lesson

AUGUST 23, 2008

10:05 PM

Just lately, when we are having our last review in History, before we end; our reviewer gave us a surprise exam! There were 200 questions in all, so it was a cram up, we only had 15 minutes to open our notes, I didn’t even read the whole content of my notes!

So, what’s the result? Failed! The best part? Almost all of us were failed!! All we’re laughing as if it was no big deal, but deep inside we were troubled, and sort of depressed of the result.

I blamed  myself of course, for that 5 days, I didn’t do anything, instead of reading our notes, we were out there, eating at the fast food chains, go anywhere we like to visit, it’s as if we were on our vacation, we chatted and chatted along with my friends…

It was discouraging, and I am dismayed of my actions. But thank You Lord for teaching us a valuable lesson. Failing in the exam was a wake up call! I should know how manage and handle my time wisely.

The reason that I am here in Manila, the reason that my parents spend money for me, is for my review. And this is what I do! Shame on me!

I’ve learned my lesson Lord. And I do want it to repeat no more. So, I was reading and reading my notes kanina! (Bumabawi ako! Hehehee). Sad thing is, our History is over, next subject is Building Technology.

Di bale, we have again 5 days to read at the boarding house, am going to study again our history…before anything would be piles and piles of books to read and review!!

We were talking, with Grace, about what we felt this day, when we were having our exam, the tensions and everything, how much more at the real exam? I could be gone crazy if I failed the board exammmm!!! It will be our entire fault if we failed… huhuhu

It will be up to us, and to God’s mercy and will, if we really want to pass the board exam. We should study, study, study….pero not too much. All study and no play makes Joannah a dull girl...



Lord, You are good... Faithful... Glorious... thank You for Your discipline, for opening up our eyes, to realize what is our full aim why we are here in Manila. Father, it is on me, if I really want to pass the board exam... and I do pray that we will pass this exam... by Your grace Father, and by Your will. I ask thee for wisdom, guidance and strength.

For everything and anything, I thank Thee.

Lord, have Thy way...

Amen…”

0 comments:

Post a Comment