(krŏn'ĭ-kəl) n. An extended account in prose or verse of historical events, sometimes including legendary material, presented in chronological order and without authorial interpretation or comment. A detailed narrative record or report.

Friday 20 April 2012

Apart from God

OCTOBER 11, 2008

9:42 PM


They say that love is something you feel strangely, your heart beats fast, you’re always happy when you see him/her and even talk to him/her, you’ve got jitters in your stomach, your palms all so sweaty, and so on and so forth…

Because of this definition of love that I followed once, my heart was broken…

Someone made me laugh and smile, someone made me feel I’m the most beautiful girl he has set his eyes on, someone made me feel I am loved and cared.

And because I thought love is just something you ought to feel special to someone who shows care, I thought I was loving that person. When we only “feel” we will surely “fall

It eventually took years before I could finally really moved on, and during those silent years, I came to comprehend what God wants in my life... I came to understand and know that my “heart” is very precious and should not just give it to someone whom you thought you loved, because you feel something for him…

God’s definition on love is way different from the world. God not only defined it, He showed it- ON THE CROSS. LOVE IS VERY COSTLY.

Because of LOVE I AM SAVED.

Now, if love is so precious, so costly, so pure and true, then the love that the world define is nothing. There is no TRUE LOVE APART FROM GOD.

I’ve also learned that love cannot be hurried, love grows in its definite time, and the foundation of it is the love that is brought by God and not just by human interventions.

I wait for TRUE LOVE, I am…

I know that someone is waiting for me, whom God prepared or is preparing for me.

The truth I know, and now here comes another test. Someone is making me feel loved and cared; I know that it is not the right time to open up my heart. I remember my “standards”, but sometimes I have these compromises, saying that a girl needs companion, encourager, comforter, lover and a friend... And the longing to be loved is beginning to get me confuse, it is becoming now a temptation for my beliefs and principles.

“Father, I have failed once. And You have shown Your great mercy and compassion one m. I remember my “beliefs” on “waiting”, but sometimes Lord I get weak and my emotions set me in.
He is my friend, and I know deep in my heart that I could only love him as my friend.

I don’t want to get lose again Father, I know that I cannot be lead by mere feelings alone, that I should be guided by biblical wisdom.

Give me guidance and wisdom Father. Lead me to the path of righteousness, guard my heart Lord.

Help me to remember You always.

0 comments:

Post a Comment