(krŏn'ĭ-kəl) n. An extended account in prose or verse of historical events, sometimes including legendary material, presented in chronological order and without authorial interpretation or comment. A detailed narrative record or report.

Wednesday 8 July 2015

I WAIT

August 04, 2011
9:32 pm
I wait
Dear Lord, Thy ways
Are past finding out,
Thy love too high.
O hold me still
Beneath Thy shadow.
It is enough that Thou
Lift up the light
Of Thy countenance.
I wait-
Because I am commanded
So to do. My mind
Is filled with wonderings
My soul asks “Why?”
But then the quiet word,
“Wait thou only upon God.”
And so, not even for the light
To show a step ahead,
But for Thee, dear Lord,
I wait.

-       Elisabeth Elliot (Passion and Purity)
 
WAITING
Psalm 40:1
New International Version (NIV)
 1 I waited patiently for the LORD; 
   he turned to me and heard my cry.


Psalm 27:14
New International Version (NIV)

14 Wait for the LORD; 
   be strong and take heart 
   and wait for the LORD.


Waiting requires patience- a willingness calmly to accept what we have or have not, where we are or where we wish we were, whomever we live or work with.
To what we don’t have is impatience, for one thing, and it is to mistrust God. Is He not complete control of all circumstances, events and conditions? If some are beyond His control, He is not God.
Restless and impatience change nothing except our peace and joy. Peace does not dwell in outward things, but in the heart prepared to wait trustfully and quietly on Him who has ALL THINGS SAFELY IN HIS HANDS.
John 14:27
New International Version (NIV)
27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives

Can I not wait patiently? He will show the way.

If I am willing to be still in my Master’s hand, can I not then be still in EVERYTHING? He’s got the whole world in HIS HANDS! Everything comes by His ORDINATION or PERMISSION. If I mean to be obedient and submissive to the Lord because HE IS MY LORD, I must not forget that whatever He allows to happen becomes, for me, His will  at that moment.

WAIT, BE STILL, TRUST AND OBEY.

0 comments:

Post a Comment