(krŏn'ĭ-kəl) n. An extended account in prose or verse of historical events, sometimes including legendary material, presented in chronological order and without authorial interpretation or comment. A detailed narrative record or report.

Monday 13 July 2015

ALL ALONG

August 15, 2011
9:54 pm
ALL ALONG
Remedy Drive



It’s not everything it seems - the world and its dreams
Slipping like water through my hands tonight
All the things I thought would fill me up inside
Left me empty here - and now I know why

All along I was looking for something else
 
You’re something else
All along I was looking for something more
 
You’re so much more
I finally found what I could never see before
 
You’ve always been the one that I was looking for
 

All of my castles in the sand - washed away again
And I’m left back where I began tonight
The only thing that can ever fill me up
 
Has been right in front of me all the time

bridge:
I won’t miss you - I won’t miss you this time
I say I want you - yeah I want you in my life

Behind the Song:
It is very easy to get comfortable in a place that’s not permanent home. We validate our existence with all types of material possessions. But there has to be something more important than the card we drive, i-pods and cellphones, careers and goals. Earthly things aren’t going to fill us up.The rock of Christ Jesus is what gives us ultimate hope and satisfaction. We need security that has nothing to do with out health insurance plan. We need to live for a kingdom that doesn’t run on foreign oil. We need to depend on grace.It’s easy for us to get caught up in the idea that “things” can make us happy or even that happiness is the point.But everything “slips like water through our hands” and we should realize that these are not the answer. There is something bigger to breathe for.May times, we all pursue our careers and “build our castles in the sand.” Rather than striving for money, success, the world and its dreams, we have what we are looking for, right in front of us. Just look to the cross and know that JESUS is with us “all along.”-          David Zach (Remedy Drive)

'Our human existence isn't validated by the cars we drive, cards we carry, or jobs we have. Is there anything in the universe that can sustain the need of my human heart? We spend our lives looking for something substantial - something valuable and permanent. But we end up with normalcy, marginalized again, consumed by our own consumerism. This song, written with Jason Ingram, sings in unison with every heart crying out for something more - something bigger.' - David Zach (Remedy Drive)


0 comments:

Post a Comment