(krŏn'ĭ-kəl) n. An extended account in prose or verse of historical events, sometimes including legendary material, presented in chronological order and without authorial interpretation or comment. A detailed narrative record or report.

Thursday 16 July 2015

A PRAYER

August 17, 2011
11:02 am
A PRAYER
O Father, how I need mercy. I sin everyday. I fall short of Your command to love You with all my heart and soul and mind and strength. I am Luke-warm in my affections. All my motives, even at their best are mixed. I murmur. I am anxious about tomorrow. I get angry too quickly. I desire what ought not be desired. I get irritated at the very attitudes in others that I myself displayed 5 minutes before.

If You do not show me mercy to me, I am undone. O God let me see the mercy of Christ and savor it for what it is. Grant me the power to comprehend His love. Incline me to read and ponder the stories of the mercy of Jesus in the Gospels. Let me so admire what He did that I imitate Him.

But let it much more than external imitation. Let it come from the heart where I have been broken for my sin and where I have come to cherish mercy and live by mercy and hope in mercy and love for mercy.

Make the mercy of Jesus the greatest beauty of the Saviour in my eyes. Let me behold, and beholding, become like Him. And bend this taste for mercy outward so that I show it.
Make me full of His mercy that I might show mercy. Fulfill in me the command to d justice and love mercy. Let me love showing mercy. Make it so much a part of me that it is who I am.

So unite me to Christ that His mercy is my mercy, and my mercy is a presenting of Christ. He is all I have to give in the end. Glorify His mercy, Father is my faith, and in my patience.
Thank You, Oh, thank You, for Christ and Your mercy to me in Him. In His Name I pray.
Amen

-       -JOHN PIPER (Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ)

0 comments:

Post a Comment