(krŏn'ĭ-kəl) n. An extended account in prose or verse of historical events, sometimes including legendary material, presented in chronological order and without authorial interpretation or comment. A detailed narrative record or report.

Thursday 21 May 2015

BUT FOR THEE, I WAIT

June 29, 2011
5:30 pm

“I do know that waiting on God requires the willingness to bear uncertainty, to carry within oneself the unanswered question, lifting the heart to God about it whenever it intrudes upon one’s thought.”

“Truly my heart waits patiently for God; my deliverance comes from Him. In trust He is my Rock of deliverance, my tower of strength, so that I stand unshaken…
Trust always in God, my people, pour out your hearts before Him, God is our shelter.”

“Waiting silently is the hardest thing of all”

“Life requires countless “little deaths”- occasions when we are given the chance to say no to self and yes to God.”
-       Elisabeth Elliot (Passion and Purity)

“When the will of God crossed the will of man, somebody has to die.”
-       Addison Leitch


I wait.
Dear Lord, Thy ways
Are past finding out
Thy love too high.
O hold me still
Beneath Thy shadow.
It is enough that Thou
Lift up the light
Of Thy countenance
I wait-
Because I am commanded

So to do. My mind
Is filled with wonderings
My soul asks “Why?”
But then the quiet word
“Wait Thou only
Upon God.”
And so, not even for the light
To show a step ahead,
But for Thee, dear Lord

I wait.

0 comments:

Post a Comment