(krŏn'ĭ-kəl) n. An extended account in prose or verse of historical events, sometimes including legendary material, presented in chronological order and without authorial interpretation or comment. A detailed narrative record or report.

Friday 18 July 2014

What Waiting Requires

November 20, 2010
8:53 pm
Psalm 40:1
40 I waited patiently for the Lord;
    he inclined to me and heard my cry.

Psalm 27:14

14 Wait for the Lord;
     be strong, and let your heart take courage;
    wait for the Lord!

 Waiting requires patience-
A willingness calmly to accept what we have or have not, where we are or where we wish we were. Whomever we live or work with.

Spiritual victories are won in the quiet acceptance of ordinary events which are God’s “bright servants”, standing all around us.
Restlessness and impatience change nothing except our peace and joy. Peace does not dwell in outward things but in the heart prepared to wait TRUSTFULLY and QUIETLY ON HIM who has ALL THINGS SAFELY IN HIS HANDS.

John 14:27

27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

A peace which was constant in the midst of ceaseless work, frequent interruptions, impatient demands, few physical comforts, a  peace which was not destroyed by arguments, the faithlessness, and hatred of the people. Jesus has perfect confidence in His Father, whose will He has come to accomplish. Nothing touched Him without His Father’s permission. Nothing touches me without my Father’s permission

CAN I NOT THEN WAIT PATIENTLY? HE WILL SHOW THE WAY.

If I am willing to be still in my Master’s Hand, can I not then be still in everything? He’s got the whole world in His Hands. Never mind whether things from God Himself or from other people- everything comes by His ordination or permission.

If I mean to be obedient and submissive to the Lord because HE IS MY LORD, I must not forget that whatever He allows to happens becomes for me, HIS WILL AT THAT MOMENT.
Perhaps it is someone else’s sinful action, but if God allows it to affect me, He wills it for my learning.

The need to wait, is for me, a form of chastening. God has to calm me down, make me shut up and look up to Him for the outcome.

WAIT…
            BE STILL…    
                        TRUST….                  
                                    OBEY… (Teach me Lord I pray)

IT IS AMAZING HOW CLEAR THINGS BECOME WHEN WE ARE STILL BEFORE HIM, NOT COMPLAINING, NIT INSISTING ON QUICK ANSWERS, ONLY SEEKING TO HEAR HIS WORD IN THE STILLNESS, AND TO SEE THINGS IN HIS LIGHT.


-      - Elisabeth Elliot (Keep A Quiet Heart)

0 comments:

Post a Comment