(krŏn'ĭ-kəl) n. An extended account in prose or verse of historical events, sometimes including legendary material, presented in chronological order and without authorial interpretation or comment. A detailed narrative record or report.

Monday 24 March 2014

My should haves and God's Promises

November 01, 2010
9:13pm

Just had a thought, a sudden thought while we were walking on the pavement of a runway in our local airport after we visited the tomb of my aunt’s son… a thought that 2 days from now… I am… turning..26!!!

It’s as if I was saying to myself, ‘wow, you’re turning at the age of maturity, at the age where you should have  a stable job, should have stable financial status, career woman contented, should have  already by now have beloved, should have  been working abroad, helping my family, fulfilling some of my own dreams…

Thoughts such as those.. and yes, any one of those are all “should haves”.. still have none.

·         - Well, I have my family who is always by my side… who supports and helps me.. (but for how long would I rely on them?)
·         - Well, I have a job as a faculty member, a dream desire that was fulfilled (but is never content with the salary)
·       - Well, I had on my mind that I “should be” working abroad at the age of 26 (and if God so wills, I might, I may, hopefully). at the age of 24, I became an Architect, again a dream-desire that was fulfilled by the grace of God. Had my first (and hopefully not the last) project (but never satisfied on the outcome of the last stage), the rest of the projects, I will not call my “own”.
·         - Well, at the age of 22, started believing in True Love Waits, been waiting patiently for the right-God-given-man, while learning for all of the mistakes.. (4 years had passed, I am still on the waiting process)

As I ponder about these things.. these thoughts that are lingering and howling on the back of my mind… I ask myself: AM I COMPLAINING? AM I BITTER? AM I NOT CONTENT? AM I BEING IMPATIENT?

-       Complaining?
o   I have nothing to complain for.. I have wonderful gifts.. the gifts of family, of friends, of time…
o   I should be thankful…

1 Thessalonians 5:18

18  give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

-       Bitter?
o   Nope, but I do have sorrow over my relationship with them. A once ok relationship was torn just because of certain issues during my first project. Anger? Was.. but I had forgiven him, still don’t know if it will ever be repaired, somehow in my heart, I still want the friendship to be fixed. Still hoping that one day, we’ll talk like nothing happened. It was forgiven, and forgotten.

Luke 6:37

37  “Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;
-       Content?
o   I should be. Should be thankful.. should be content. To look always on the bright side of life. yes, salary, is very low, but at least somehow, I have the chance and opportunity to share something to them and also to learn from them. (in the first place, that was the very reason why I prayed to God to let me teach at UL, and now that God granted my prayer, who am I to complain?) sometimes, I do forget that little things are often the big things.

Philippians 4:11

11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.
-       Impatient?
o   Sometimes, when I think of my age and still got no clue of when will God would grant me the desire for a man to loved and be loved… but when I think of it as my days compared to God’s days? He sure is being patient with me!
o   Will a man be the answer to all loneliness? Certainly not!
o   Will a man satisfy my longing to be love? In some ways, yes, but on the bigger picture, no.
o   So why, should I be impatient? When I know that God is the only ONE who can satisfy my every longing? When I know that God is preparing someone for me, being patient with me all this time, molding me to be who He created me to be.

Psalm 37:7

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him;
     fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way,
    over the man who carries out evil devices!


All of these questions Lord, I know in my heart the answers, and yet I let myself forget… I forget your promises and Your Truth.

Psalm 145:13

13  Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
    and your dominion endures throughout all generations.
[The Lord is faithful in all his words
    and kind in all his works.][
a]

Psalm 119:68

68  You are good and do good;
     teach me your statutes.

2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you,[a].

Psalm 139

139 O Lord, you have searched me and known me!
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
    you discern my thoughts from afar.
You search out my path and my lying down
    and are acquainted with all my ways.
Even before a word is on my tongue,
    behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.
You hem me in, behind and before,
    and lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
    it is high; I cannot attain it.

Psalm 144:2-

he is my steadfast love and my fortress,
    my stronghold and my deliverer,
my shield and he in whom I take refuge,
    who subdues peoples[
a] under me.
O Lord, what is man that you regard him,
    or the son of man that you think of him?
Man is like a breath;
    his days are like a passing shadow.
15  Blessed are the people to whom such blessings fall!
     Blessed are the people whose God is the Lord!

Psalm 130:3-4

If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities,
    O Lord, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness,
     that you may be feared.

Psalm 103:11-14

11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
    so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him;
12 as far as the east is from the west,
    so far does he remove our transgressions from us.
13 As a father shows compassion to his children,
    so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear him.
14 For he knows our frame;[a]
    he remembers that we are dust.

 

Psalm 90:12

12  So teach us to number our days
    that we may get a heart of wisdom.

 

Psalm 77:11-13

11 I will remember the deeds of the Lord;
    yes, I will remember your wonders of old.
12 I will ponder all your work,
    and meditate on your mighty deeds.
13 Your way, O God, is holy.
     What god is great like our God?

 

Psalm 94:8-15, 17-19, 23

Understand, O dullest of the people!
    Fools, when will you be wise?
He who planted the ear, does he not hear?
He who formed the eye, does he not see?
10 He who disciplines the nations, does he not rebuke?
He who teaches man knowledge—
11      the Lord—knows the thoughts of man,
    that they are but a breath.[a]
12  Blessed is the man whom you discipline, O Lord,
    and whom you teach out of your law,
13 to give him rest from days of trouble,
    until a pit is dug for the wicked.
14  For the Lord will not forsake his people;
    he will not abandon his heritage;
15 for justice will return to the righteous,
    and all the upright in heart will follow it.
17  If the Lord had not been my help,
    my soul would soon have lived in the land of silence.
18 When I thought, “My foot slips,”
    your steadfast love, O Lord, held me up.
19 When the cares of my heart are many,
    your consolations cheer my soul.
23 He will bring back on them their iniquity
    and wipe them out for their wickedness;
    the Lord our God will wipe them out.

Lord, help me to remember You always.. to keep Your Words in my heart that I may fear Your Name.
You are Holy, Holy, Holy, God.. there is none like You
Lord help me to remember You..
You are FAIHFUL, GOOD, TRUE, HOLY GOD..
Amen


0 comments:

Post a Comment