(krŏn'ĭ-kəl) n. An extended account in prose or verse of historical events, sometimes including legendary material, presented in chronological order and without authorial interpretation or comment. A detailed narrative record or report.

Monday 29 July 2013

A DIALOGUE WITH GOD

October 01, 2010
A DIALOGUE WITH GOD



But God, I am not happy as I am

Would you be happy in any state? Would you find reason to murmur against Me if you were married? What is happiness for you? Don’t you think I’m aware of your situation and concerned for you- I who gave My life blood for you in My Only Begotten Son?

You promised to supply all my needs. You said that they who seek the Lord will not lack anything good. So where is my mate?

In my Sovereign wisdom, knowing your present measure of sanctification and the fulfilling life which I now have for you, singleness is My best and most precious gift. Do not use My promises against Me as though by loving Me you would be able to obtain your own needs.

Why did You pass over me and  not my friend?

I have other things for you, especially for you. He walks a different path with different problems which would only bring you much unhappiness. Do not envy but rejoice and be glad for her.

Will I be single forever?

You no more know that you knew ahead of time that day of your conversion. These things are yet to be revealed and still remain in My secret will. Even marriage is not forever but only comes as My gift one day at a time. And now I will ask some questions:To whom does tomorrow belong?

To You, God, I have given my life, plans, hopes, needs, my all. Therefore it is no longer mine to demand what I will. I do not even know whether You will deem it best that I have life tomorrow.

Can tomorrow be different from the past?
No Lord, Your grace all sufficient has been with me through some rough days, and if I can face tomorrow with Your grace as a single person, then, yes, also the tomorrow forty years from now.

Why do you want marriage?

Well, companionship and fulfillment of all my anxious needs. It won’t provide that, will it? Only You can do that whether I’m married or single. Lord, help me to seek to be only what is most glorifying to You, that I may love You with the obedience of my life.

I do not answer all the whys and wherefores’. I call you to trust in me, in who I am, in Me very nature Me. Believe Me.



0 comments:

Post a Comment